The Gabba Ward office is located at the corner of Annerley Rd and Crown St in Woolloongabba, on the territory of the Jagera, Yugara, Yugarapul, and Turrbal Peoples. We recognise that sovereignty was never ceded, and this always was and always will be Aboriginal land. We strive to remain cognizant of this tension throughout all that we do.
We have a small but committed staff team on board in the Gabba Ward Office, and I’m pleased to say we are here to help.
Here are some of the ways we can work with you as an individual resident in the Gabba Ward
- Assisting you with ongoing advocacy about any local council issue.
- Provide local referrals where we can’t help with direct advocacy.
- Organise a meeting to discuss any local concerns you might have
- Collaborate and connect you with other residents to campaign on local issues.
- Provide free loaned equipment from our tool library.
Here are some of the other ways my office is here to help your local community group or project:
- Provide free printing
- Free loan our new marquees, heavy-duty barbecue, tables, chairs, and other event equipment out for your events
- Run a free barbecue at your local community event
- Assist you in applying for grants with a letter of support.
Something else? Contact us if you have an idea about how we could support you, and we’ll do our best to help!
We aim to build a culture of kindness, generosity, positivity, and transparency in the Gabba Ward. Focused on empowerment of the local community and capacity building that enables people to take on their issues, so they are better able to help themselves and others in the future.
The Gabba Ward Office
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (07)3403 2165
Currently, the office opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 9.00am-4.30pm