These Grants are designed to:
- Help community organisations support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help community organisations support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit incorporated organisations whose workforce is comprised of at least 40% volunteers
- An unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application assuming personal legal liability on behalf of the organisation should the application be successful
- Trustees applying on behalf of a Trust
Note: your organisation must be located within the federal electorate of Griffith. (You can find your local electorate at the AEC website.)
How does it work?
Applications take place in two steps:
- Expressions of interest are made to Max Chandler-Mather MP and are assessed in conjunction with a committee of Griffith locals.
- Selected applicants are invited to complete their application process with the Community Grants Hub.
You can submit an expression of interest here:
Grants are available to:
- Buy small equipment for volunteers
- Reimburse volunteer transport
- Training or background screening costs
- Promote volunteer opportunities
- Make your workplace COVID-safe for volunteers
Still not sure if you’re eligible?
You can contact Max's office on 07 3397 1674 or by email at [email protected] if you would like to discuss the program or your idea with us.
Or, come along to our drop in info session, or RSVP to our online info session to hear from Max & Argo about how to apply
Key Dates to Remember
9th September 2022 - Expressions of Interest Close
7th October 2022 - MP Nominations Due
15 November 2022 - Organisations invited to apply for a Volunteer Grant
5 December 2022 - Community Grants Hub applications close
6 December 2022 – April 2023 - Assessment of applications
May 2023 - Outcomes of assessment process
June 2023 - Notification of successful applicants and grant agreements issued
June 2023 - Notification to unsuccessful applicants -
June 2023 - Earliest start date of project -
30 June 2024 - End date of grant process